EMBERS OF HOPE BURN CAMP 2020
PARENT(S) OR GUARDIAN(S):
July 24-27, 2020 (Friday-Monday)
- Please submit your application as soon as possible. If this is your child’s first camp please make sure all information is filled out in its entirety to help us prepare for your child. If you feel there is more information we should know, please call us at (909) 580-6339 to discuss your concerns. In order to ensure a successful camping experience, our staff needs time to review the information provided on your application. Walk-ups will no longer be accepted. An application must be submitted by the due date.
- A couple of weeks prior to camp you will receive a confirmation letter, a packing list, and a map or additional transportation information.
- Application Deadline is: June 15, 2020. If you are returning the application by mail, please use two stamps.
- Please complete all requested information. Even if the information has been provided before, we need all information for this camp session. It will give all new volunteer camp counselors and staff the opportunity to become familiar with your child.
- The Fire & Burn Foundation provides full sponsorship to attend the Embers of Hope Camp for all burn-injured children that reside in Riverside, San Bernardino, Inyo and Mono Counties. There is no cost to the children for lodging, meals or activities.
- If you reside outside of the area's above, please contact the Fire & Burn Foundation for more information regarding sponsorship and/or transportation needs.*
- Parent(s) or guardian(s) must sign all consent forms. Forms can be marked “no consent” as long as a parent or guardian has signed them. If you complete the online application, be prepared to sign the forms at the camp transportation drop off.
- All information in this application is kept strictly confidential. The only people who view this application are Fire & Burn Foundation personnel, partner organization staff and camp staff prior to camp. Otherwise, information will only be provided in the event of a medical emergency.
- The Fire & Burn Foundation staff representative and camp leaders reserve the right to send your child home early in the event of problematic behavior. The Fire & Burn Foundation Staff Representative will be consulted prior to any decision being made. This includes, but is not limited to, attitude difficulties, failure to adhere to safety rules, or serious illness. Please note: every effort is made to evaluate each situation and find the correct solution before a decision is made. If, in the interest of the camp, campers, and volunteers, it is deemed necessary to send your child home, parent(s)/guardian(s) will be notified directly and will be responsible for transportation home.
*Sponsorship information: All burn-injured children who wish to attend the Embers of Hope are welcome to apply. Every effort will be made to obtain resources to assist in their sponsorship and transportation needs.
Sibling of burn-injured child attending camp: A brother or sister may, under special circumstances, be permitted to attend camp. This decision will be determined on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the Fire & Burn Foundation Staff, in conjunction with the Camp Planning Committee.
You may either complete the online application below, or download, print and fill out the Camper Application and submit it. Remember that all parts of the application are required. If completing the online application there are several forms which need to be printed, signed and uploaded prior to submitting the application or they can be emailed/faxed/mailed in after submitting the online application. Your child will not be able to attend camp without these forms. The forms are: IMMUNIZATION HISTORY, ALTERNATE RIDE AND CONTACT INFORMATION CONSENT FORM, CAT CONSENT FORM, PHOTO AND ARTWORK RELEASE, EMERGENCY MEDICAL RELEASE FORM, and CAMPER BEHAVIORAL AGREEMENT.
Contact the office for a paper application.
Click here to apply online.
If Printing Paper Application Return application to:
Fire & Burn Foundation
PO Box 1423
Colton, CA 92324
For questions please contact:
Fire & Burn Foundation Staff